Please get in touch if you have any questions.
What are my pledges?
Labour’s recovery shouldn’t be about right versus left, or rich versus poor. It must be about convincing everyone that social justice is in their interest. I am also standing for Edinburgh’s Colinton-Fairmilehead Ward next year, so I know how important it is to win back votes from both the SNP and the Tories. We need to have a broad appeal to win. With this in mind, if elected to the SEC, I pledge to deliver the following for you:
- Support Kezia Dugdale and do all I can to ensure Labour is returned to government in London and Edinburgh.
- Transform the SEC’s relevance by consulting directly with members on the decisions it makes.
- Publish my notes of each SEC meeting – I’ll summarise the discussion and tell you how I voted.
- Engage your CLP and Trade Union branch by offering to attend its meetings and involve it directly in policy making.
- Convert the lessons we learn from our successes and defeats into winning tactics.
We must remember that being part of the Labour movement is only the start. Success will only come when we work together.
When is the vote?
The ballot will commence on Thursday the 5th of January and close at noon on Tuesday the 31st of January. Members with an email address will be balloted by email only. Members without an email will receive a postal ballot by Friday 6th January.